Header Ads

A girl can go work abroad just like a guy - treat us equally



The following is a story of a KK female follower

I really wanted to write something about this as this has been bothering me for a long time now. I am a 26 year old girl who has completed CA and was working with one of the biggest audit firms in the world till last year. I then decided that I wanted to move abroad as it has been my passion to live and work abroad from the time I was in school. So after I quit my jobs and decided go forward with my decision, I happened to meet people I know (my age and old aunties and uncles) at social gatherings.



The following will be the dialogue which happens.

after usual pleasantries

Aunty/Uncle/My age ppl : So what are you doing now? Working somewhere?

Me: I was working till last year, now I am awaiting my VISA to move to xxx country

Aunty/Uncle/My age ppl: Oh very nice! So you are at home now? How long will it take for you to get the VISA?

Me: Hopefully by this month I will get it and by next month I will leave.

Aunty/Uncle/My age ppl: So did you get a job there already?

Me: No I do not have a job offer yet, I am searching from here or once I get my VISA I will go there and search.

some judgemental look from them

Aunty/Uncle/My age ppl: So why you wanted to move there?

Me: Cuz it has always been my passion to travel and work abroad.

Judgemental or trying to gather what you are saying kind of look

Aunty/Uncle/My age ppl: If you really wanted to go there why don’t you get married to a guy who is already settled there?!

My brain- WTF!!

Me: No, I really wanted to do this on my own, you know be independent and all.

Aunty/Uncle/My age ppl: So your parents said yes for you to go? How did they?

Me: They are not very okay obviously, but they just want me to be happy

Conversation with my age ppl ends here

Conversation continues with aunties and uncles

Aunty/Uncle : Appo if you go there we have to look for a guy who is settled there for your marriage ah?

Me 😗 SCREAM LOUDLY* SAY ITS NOT YOUR JOB TO FIND ME A GUY I smile and respond “ let me first go and settle down and then I will think about marriage”

More judgemental look, followed by which they turn to my mom or dad

Aunty/Uncle: How are you letting her go like this?

Mom/Dad : She really wants to do this so what can we do? (Sheepish grin)

Shake of head by Uncle/Aunty and conversation ends



Moral of this:

1.       An independent girl no matter how well educated should not go abroad on her own and establish her life unless she gets married and goes as a dependent (not against ppl going in dependent visas, just my feeling)
2.       This kind of a girl is weird and so are her parents to let her go ahead with such a mission

My questions:?

What is your problem? Really? Your money, your “dabbu” am I using?!
One more question: if this was the decision of a boy ,so many qns will not be asked.. he will be patted on the shoulder
When will they start treating us equally?! God this is so irritating!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.