Header Ads

Indian women, let's turn shaming into compliments


There is so much shaming of Indian girls by Indian guys/people in line with Indian culture. The shaming is designed to mortify us to not talk back and shrink us for what we are doing or just talking about are egregious. But, you know what, not giving a fuck to all these would solve the problem. What will burn and lock these shamers out for good is turning the shaming into compliments.

Here's my take:

1. You're not a kudumba kutthu vilakku - being a docile girl who won't object to you treating me as a maid and a baby making machine, it's not a shame to be one - it's a fucking compliment.

2. You're not a virgin/been in multiple relationship - being a girl who became emotionally mature as a result of experiencing a spectrum, being able to detect toxic behaviour, knowing what to look out for, knowing how to protect myself against emotional and psychological abuse and know that to get to know someone, you got to date them, it's not a shame to be one - it's a fucking compliment.


3. You're a virgin/single/unmarried coz no man wants you (this is how they spin) - being a girl who is so sure of herself and happy with herself, she needn't a man to feel worthy - it's a fucking compliment.

4. You're a divorcee, what a shame - being a woman who is strong enough to walk out of a committed relationship because it's not working out anymore, realising that life is not always sunshine but there will be gloomy days and working towards achieving happiness and contentment on my own isn't a shame - it's a fucking compliment.

5. You party, club and drink, characterless woman - I measure my character by what I contribute to family, society and nation and when I get stressed I chill out just like the guys = the humans. That's not a shame - it's a fucking compliment.


6. You're over 25 and unmarried? Vaala vetti! - I am blessed to have the opportunity to work and earn and also be exposed to the world. I have my own car and house and I pay my own bills. I am in no hurry to marry and have children and when I do, I will be so secure and have a life of my own, I won't make the life of my future daughter-in-law hell by clinging onto my son. That's not a downside - it's a fucking upside.

7. Thimuru pudichave, bajari, lambadi! No one will marry you! - being a woman who is able to voice out her own opinions and leaving men unable to handle that outspoken trait is not a shame - it's a fucking compliment.



Have more to add? Leave em in the comments!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.