Header Ads

5 Reasons I think Lakshmi Priyaa Should be a Leading Lady in Kollywood


I first saw Lakshmi Priyaa in Banjaara face cream ad. I instantly thought she's the face of dusky Indian women and is beautiful.


And then I saw her performance as a psycho in Yagavarayinum Naan Kaaka and was completely bowled over. I didn't know her name then though.

Until Lakshmi short film happened. Lakshmi Priyaa became a household name - the controversial role gained her infamy as well.


Okay, now 5 reasons why I think Lakshmi Priyaa should be rocking Kollywood the way Nayanthara is for instance!

1. She's insanely talented



Lakshmi Priyaa emotes very, very well. Her expressions are just killing it.

The one Uzhaga Nayagi.


2. She's namma Tamil Ponnu.

Courtesy of Lakshmi Priyaa Chandramouli Facebook page

We have a pool of female lead acting talent within Tamilnadu but Kollywood isn't using that manifestation especially in big budget movies like Enthiran. Aishwarya Rajesh has debuted in Bollywood. Kai la venna vechikittu nei ku alayura velaiya irukku.

3. She speaks Tamil



She can speak Tamil. It's not enough that we say, "Tamil is my mothertongue-u," we should bring  actresses that can speak Tamil to act in Tamil movies.

4. She's dusky/dark skinned and not size 0 - the Tamil girl next door




Lakshmi Priyaa is the representation of your quintessential Tamil girl next door. You can find a girl like Lakshmi Priyaa everywhere in TN - a true blue senthamizh naatu Tamizhachi.

5. She's simply gorgeous

Courtesy of Lakshmi Priyaa Chandramouli Facebook page 

I mean, look at her. Doesn't she make you wanna push her into a major Tamil movie shooting and scream, "You belong there gorgeous. Stay put!"

1 comment:

  1. I too agree with all the points mentioned above for this Most Talented Actress. Lakshmi Ma'am gives 100 % in her role. I I too didnt know her name first when i saw her short film as Catwoman in Put Chattney banner. I don't think there isn't an actress with an expressive face like hers. the role she does is so natural that we believe she lives in the role. Hope to see her in lead roles ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.